Wednesday 5 August 2020

Truckulence

So, the story so far is that I’ve lost my job because I was grassed up for a blog I wrote about dangerous working conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Northumbria Police refused to take my complaint against the rogue cop PC Doyle seriously, because they’re corrupt fascists and I’m still barred from my beloved football club on account of my left-wing political views, having been sacked as programme editor by the weak and contemptible clown of a chairman for standing up to racism. None of the three situations could be controlled by me, but I did my best with the last one.  As required in the terms of my interim banning order imposed last December, I sent in a letter, begging to be allowed back to home games. This is it -:

 Dear members of the committee,

 As you’ll remember, on Wednesday 4 December 2019, you collectively decided to ban me from attending home games with immediate effect, until at least the end of the 2019/2020 season. It was a decision I profoundly disagreed with, but one that I respected, accepted and abided by, meaning I did not attend the remaining 12 home league and cup games before the season was curtailed on Friday 13 March 2020. However I did attend 6 of the 8 away games that took place during that period, without any incidents or confrontation, as I concentrated on doing what I want to do above all; actively support the team, as I have done since 28 September 2003 when I first attended a game (a 4-0 win over Thornaby in the FA Vase to be specific).

 The instruction I received with my banning order was that I should write to ask if I can be allowed to attend home games, hence this letter. The time I’ve spent, metaphorically and literally, outside the club family has not only allowed me to reflect on events, it has reinforced my desire to follow my club for the rest of my life. I am asking therefore to be allowed back once football starts up again.

 I am, of course, aware of the fact that the current situation involving COVID-19 makes any time-referenced concept of the 2020/2021 a nebulous one at the time of writing, but I have several thoughts I would like to share with you about what a return to attending home games would mean. Firstly, I have no wish to be involved in the club as anything other than an ordinary fan, sitting in the stand, in a responsible, socially distanced manner with other ordinary fans. As such, I would seek to purchase a season ticket, sponsor the match ball for the first home game after the resumption and book the executive lounge when possible, to bring family and friends to the club. I am more than willing to transfer this money to the club bank account immediately if required.

 Of course, I realise that there are some restrictions which may need to be imposed. For a start, I undertake not to attend any fixtures identified as problematic by yourselves. As regards away games, it is my intention to complete the remainder of the Scottish League grounds that I’ve not visited as soon as possible; thus, I would imagine I would not be present at many Saturday away fixtures. If there are any other conditions you would wish to add, I am more than happy to agree to them. Basically, I’m desperate to start attending home games again and I’ll do anything to make that possible. Thank you for your consideration of this matter; I hope we can all meet again in positive circumstances.

 As you can imagine, despite the urgings of the manager and the secretary to reintegrate me into the fold, it was unsuccessful. Once this decision was communicated to me, I sought further clarification, specifically:

1.         Is the ban indefinite or does it have a fixed end point?

2.         Is there any right of appeal to yourselves or the whole committee?

3.         Was my letter circulated to all committee members in advance of the AGM?

4.         Is my attendance at away games seen as a positive or a negative?

A few days later, I received a less than satisfactory email from Victor Orban the Truckerman. It began in reasonably comprehensible fashion, saying my ban had been renewed for the 2020/2021 season, rather than the imposition of a lifetime ban. Somewhat inaccurately the Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of the Fossway claimed the decision to keep me barred was a unanimous decision, though I know it wasn’t, which was the spurious justification for refusing me the right to appeal. The answer to question 3 was evasive, suggesting all members were aware of the content of my letter, meaning they definitely hadn’t been sent a copy each and almost certainly hadn’t had sight of it either. The amount of time I’d wasted on penning what I thought was a persuasive and respectful does annoy me, but not as much as the answer to question 4. Worshipful Brother Jair Messias Bolsonaro announced, without any justification or evidence, that my attendance at away games would not be helpful, for reasons that are not apparent… 

After this, the content became more than a little disturbing, as the dread hand of PC Doyle’s malfeasant campaign against me dripped from every syllable. For some reason, Orban the Truckerman claimed he knew that PC Doyle hadn’t grassed on me to work; a bizarre claim considering the domain from which the poison pen email that did for me originated. Next up, not only the content but the subject of my blogs came under attack. Rather like Sitel, Bolsonaro Erdoğan seemed keen on dictating what subjects I am allowed to write about on my personal blog, on top of having removed the option of writing in an official capacity after I stood up against racism in print.

Perhaps the most incredible comment was that I had to stop dragging the club’s reputation through the mud on social media. Now hang on just one minute; this is the same bloke who got himself involved in a whole litany of  unseemly spats on the Sunderland forum Ready to Go when he adopted various aliases to try and pretend he was a disenchanted Mackem from Seaham, ought to have been enough of a reminder of how things can get out of hand. Back then, some irritated posters found out his name, uploaded photos and divulged the address and nature of his business.  Surely this particular pot should not have been blackguarding any kettles. I remember at the time being shocked at how such a supposed respected pillar of the community could end up in such a swamp of on-line sedition.

If that was poor, personal judgment, one wonders exactly what thoughts went through his head before going on to Twitter to abuse Hope Not Hate for posting footage of  the attack on the peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters by a load of Stone Island clad radgies and ultra-right wing counter demonstrators at the Monument in June. This was after he had wished the geriatric Gremlins good luck on Facebook on the morning of the disorder. How do the black players at the club feel about a chairman who goes on like Oswald Mosley on Tyne? The fact is, Orban the Truckerman has moved more and more to the extreme right over the last few months; anyone who claims Alastair Campbell was a left winger has seriously re-calibrated their political compass, though I wonder whether he is aware how these posts are coming across on social media. I know Bolsonaro Erdoğan has been unwell, but that is no reason to condone his vicious social media persona. It’s a shame as he’s a bloke I used to have a lot of respect for, unlike Doyle who I’ve always thought was a subnormal gobshite.

The email I sent Orban the Truckerman, asking further questions and making observations about the previous communication, remains unanswered. However, I did get a pathetic response to my complaint about Doyle from Northumbria Police from Inspector Hall. Her words are in italics and my response is in bold.

Mr Cusack alleges an officer off duty has been bullying and harassing him via the means of social media.

Not only on social media, he has denigrated my name and trashed my reputation as part of his concerted campaign of negative propaganda against me.

A complaint can only be made against an officer for conduct off duty if certain criteria are met. Officers are entitled to a private life and opinions on personal issues however officers should not use their position or role to influence any matter and at all times should act within the expectations of the Standards of Professional Behaviour. The officer is entitled to do this even if you disagree with his point of view, provided this is raised in a manner that is without threat and uses appropriate language.

Would you say that describing me as a “scruffy, fat, annoying keyboard warrior” is appropriate language and an example of the Standards of Professional Behaviour the force expects? He tweeted that about me. Surely that is an attempt to influence opinions against me.

Ch/Insp Lowther has discussed this matter with PC Doyle who confirms that he knows you through a mutual association with a football club. There has been very little contact between you both and any contact has usually been via the club or events associated with the club, mainly football matches. The last direct contact between you both was during the 2018/19 season (month not known) when PC Doyle came to your aid during a football match where rival fans were threatening to assault you.

Either PC Doyle and C/Insp Lowther are liars who concocted the false narrative above, or Doyle has groomed Lowther to parrot lies. I have never said Doyle was directly bullying towards me; he is too subtle for that. He has always carried on his vendetta behind my back. He is lying about ever coming to my aid. He is also lying about me being threatened during that season. Doyle’s friend, an inveterate drink driver, threatened me in January 2018. Doyle did not intervene.

Since then no direct contact has been made between you both and you have since been barred from the club for 12 months due to social media posts although you both still have access to Twitter and other social media accounts associated with the club.

The Social Media posts Doyle got me banned for were political ones. As he is an ultra-right wing authoritarian, who himself was censured by the club for retweeting a Britain First post on the club account, he responded to my Remain voting intentions, pacifism, support for a United Ireland, positive attitude to LGBT+ issues and membership of the Labour Party with aggression and hatred. He got me barred from the club because I was canvassing for Jeremy Corbyn at the last election.  As regards the club’s Twitter account, he blocked me from seeing it and it was only once he’d left the club I was unblocked. I am still barred from the ground.

PC Doyle has stated that he is unsure why you have made this complaint against him as at no time has he made any direct contact with you or been abusive towards you. Any comments that he makes on social media are topics that are being discussed as a forum with others associated with the club and not with you directly and these have not been abusive or threatening in any way and relate to topical issues being discussed.

Absolute and total hogwash. Doyle is lying and Lowther is compounding the lies by repeating them. Northumbria Police have no interest whatsoever in investigating any complaint against them, especially by me. All that happens is incidents are swept under the carpet and a bland, platitudinous response is issued, intended to make the complainant look like the one in the wrong.

It is acknowledged that there may have been comments that you feel may have been directed towards you or feel that PC Doyle does not have a good relationship with you but I can see no evidence in his posts that he uses the fact that he is a serving police officer to influence or abuse his authority. PC Doyle is entitled as a member of public to have opinion and upon review of evidence presented I do not believe this would meet the standard to show a clear breach of the Professional Standards of Behaviour and under the Complaints and Misconduct Regulations, as an employer we have no power to prompt or force an apology to you.

Utterly pathetic. He used the PNC to gather information about me. Have a check on my file; bearing in mind the incessant harassment and persecution I’ve endured at the hands of Northumbria Police in these last 7 or so years, it will be an extensive one. To me, Doyle’s conduct is the latest series of attacks in a cycle of oppressive behaviour towards me. This is the problem with you lot “investigating” complaints; you’re all fundamentally corrupt fascists who treat those who object to living in a Police State as lower than vermin.

Ch/Insp Lowther has however given PC Doyle clear advice on social media usage and Force Policy standards to ensure he understands the expectations placed on him, PC Doyle has agreed to not engage with you further and will remove himself should any other person make comments on social media so that he is not linked to any perceived behaviour in the future.

Empty, worthless words. You disgust me, you really do.

I am sorry that you feel this way, PC Doyle will not be sacked or arrested, a proportionate response of speaking to the officer and giving advice has been completed. I will not be responding further to your emails, as I have provided you with my decision and outlined the reasons why. You have no right of review to my decision however you have the right to seek legal advice should you wish to do so.

I find it risible that you feel a proportionate response is having a cosy chat with Doyle, considering he is still abusing me on social media. If I had done this to him, a gang of riot cops would have had my front door off the hinges before dawn, me physically assaulted to the point of unconsciousness and flung in a cell for 48 hours. I wouldn’t put it past Northumbria Police to have me killed for complaining about you. Doyle gets away with bullying and intimidatory conduct and I’m told to like it or lump it. Absolutely sickening.

No wonder everyone hates the cops. No response. No wonder I’ve had as much as I can take in this life.

And getting back to Orban the Truckerman, here is one final example of his petty, vindictive, small-minded vendetta against me. In a couple of weeks, Harry Pearson’s revisiting of The Far Corner twenty five years later, named The Farther Corner will be published. Chapter 1 deals with my beloved team against Stockton Town in the FA Cup a couple of years back and there are several other chapters that deal with us. Bearing in mind my friendship with Harry, I had tentatively suggested we do the launch at our club. When I mentioned this to Bolsonaro Erdoğan he showed absolutely no interest in it, despite the fact this book is probably going to be the best-selling sporting book of 2020 and that 99% of Northern League fans will buy it. It could have been lucrative for the club, both financially and reputationally, but Orban the Truckerman decided not to have anything to do with such an undertaking, simply because it enabled him to distance me from the club. I’m glad in these straitened times that he is able to turn down cash money that would have benefitted the team.

Rest assured, I’ll be at every away game possible, once the cricket season is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment