Saturday 12 February 2022

glove 9 & TQ 52; March 2022

To try and spread words, glove 9 will be given away free with TQ 52 next month. Here's a bit I've put in the music magazine to explain my largesse -:


If you read issue #50 of TQ, you’ll have seen the long interview I did with the editor about glove, the lit zine I established in early 2017. Further discussions between us led to the decision to give away copies of glove #9 with TQ #52. I would never be so presumptuous as to suggest glove is the fiction and poetry equivalent of the august publication it accompanies, but both publications come from the same geographical area and operate among a comparable artistic milieu, with a similar ideological ethic underpinning our endeavours. However, I really think the writers in glove deserve to transcend the idea of, perish the thought, a no readership underground. It is a sobering thought that there are only 2 subscribers the magazines have in common (hiya Flan & Kev); hence the reason why you’re getting a non-musical (as opposed to unmusical) gift.

If reading isn’t your thing, then please pass glove on to someone else. However, I’d urge to peek inside; there’s more than a dozen writers who deserve your attention. Contributors come from China, Utah and Berlin, as well as Stourbridge, Uttoxeter and North Shields; every one of them has something to say.

If you are in any way inspired or intrigued by this issue of  glove, please consider subscribing and / or submitting in future. I’m to be found at iancusack@blueyonder.co.uk and @glovelitzine

 


No comments:

Post a Comment