Tuesday 6 September 2011

Fragments of Unpopular Culture 5: Found Poetry


Found poetry is a type of poetry created by taking words, phrases, and sometimes whole passages from other sources and reframing them as poetry by making changes in spacing and/or lines (and consequently meaning), or by altering the text by additions and/or deletions. The resulting poem can be defined as either treated: changed in a profound and systematic manner; or untreated: virtually unchanged from the order, syntax and meaning of the original.



Take A Break


I grew up in six-bedroom house and owned a horse,
but at school I was bullied.
Then, at 17, I met a group of drug addicts
and saw my chance to fit in.

I sold my horse to buy them crack cocaine
so they accepted me.
Then I started taking drugs
and became a prostitute.

EASTERSIDE NOCTURNE
It was almost closing time after a long shift (1-11). 
A girl came in with her boyfriend and shouted 
"I need a piss!" She left 
and squatted down in front of the fish shop next door. 
Her boyfriend went out after buying a £4.99 bottle of vodka 
("keep the penny mate"). 
This lad watching her shouted 
"HERE MATE, YOUR LASS IS HAVING A SLASH." 

Oh I was mortified

PIGEONS
I was reading about the people who burned the pigeons.
They are worse than the scum of the earth.
They are the most vile people going about,
apart from the paedophiles.
How cruel can they be? It's terrible
They should make them clear up all the mess they have done. .


These people should be put in a hut
and set on fire to see how they feel about that!

NICHOLAZ FLETCHER

hello baby.
i must confess to u that u looking like BRITNEY SPEARS.
when ever i looked at ur postures u gat me high
en i'm pensively disorganized.
if u don't mind let us meet
en if u think u have any alternative for us chatting
pls let me know en i hope to hear back from you soon.
take great care of urself , ur health en ur beautiful white skin.
i love you..............



Hi…


you look pretty, like king.
i will like to know you more.
I am open-minded woman.
I am a very happy easygoing person
with good heart,

I enjoy the company of good people
and having good conversations,
i read your profile
and GOD i liked it.

Thanks.


Cheryl went into a long room;
it was relatively dazzling and vibrant.
It was filled with joy and laughter.

She did not know what to do.
She was very anxious,
but at the same time excited.

Cheryl is quite timid,
so she sat in the corner
and said nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment